Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's nice to get out and enjoy the 30 degree weather!

I feel like this sign describes my house right now....The last month has been quite boring around here. With me not feeling quite up to par I've hung close to home. And the weather has been quite chilly here. We received more snow, on top of the previous snow that has still not melted away from Januarys BIG storm. The kids have been great at finding creative things to fill the time. And then, last Sunday Brooklyn, Madison and Cam had some fun RED, ichcy spots show up! First thought was just a few bug bites, but then the fever kicked in the more spots appeared... CHICKEN POX!
So we've been stuck in the house all week. I have to say that I am actually quite glad they had them and now do not have to worry about getting them later... since obviously the immunization did not keep them away. Mr. Logan just had his 2nd booster before Kindergarten, so I'm thinking that is why he did not get them. And littlest Corbin had his shot just a year ago. Who knows....
Now that their spots are scabbed over and they are no longer contagious we needed to get out. So, after we picked up Logan from school, I took the kids down to Riverfront Park so they could get out some WAY bottled up energy. This is such a fun place to just go and walk around. Cam was to scared at first to go up on the wagon slide so he stayed down.

We also had to get some fun shots of Madison with flat Stanley that her cousin Connor had mailed to her.


Cameron did eventually go down the fun slide.


Corbin loved the ducks in the river.





Then we had a qiuck ride on the Carousel horses... my kids LOVE them!


Except for Corbin who was not quite so sure....

10 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

I didn't know they got the chicken pox!!! Those poor babies! The chicken pox are the worst, but it is sometimes nice to just have everyone home even if they are sick. I am glad they are doing better! Tell them all that I love them!

Kristy said...

what a awful week you must have had. we will keep you in our prayers. what a fun slide. I might have to come visit just so we can experience that slide. Love ya lots give the kids a kiss from me!

Uberly Ewe said...

I too am sorry that they had the chicken pox, but it just seems to be going around our ward. LOL
I a glad that you guy got out side. It has just been tooooooooo cold for me to be out there. The blood thinners don't help me keep warm at all.
Love all your pictures! Corbin is so funny in that last one.

The High Family- said...

You poor guys! I bet you are so glad to have that over with. That park looks like so much fun, even in the cold weather. The sad thing is that when it hits about 35here, we head outside for a few hours a day. Miss you guys and your cute kids!!

The Gammell's said...

Oh how sad with the chicken pox, But I guess at least you are done with them now. I love all the pics of your kids. They are growing up so fast. They are all so cute... And little Corbin, he is a doll.

Nicholle said...

That looks like a fun park, even if it is a little cold! I can't believe they got the chicken pox even with vaccines! Weird!

Jenny Miller said...

YUCK! I hated the chicken pox...
I just got your message on my blog...don't know how I missed that! So good to hear from you~ Your family is so adorable. I can't believe you have more kids than I do! Anyway....my email is jennyjenmiller@gmail.com and I will send you a price list. Take care....

Jen and Joel said...

Hope that you are all feeling better. If you ever need anything just call, and I will be right down.

Nora Mair said...

Sorry about the pox--eeesh. Hope you're feeling better too.

Nora Mair said...

ps we so copied the heart french braids. Soooo cute!