Tuesday, January 5, 2010

AHHHH Christmas....


What a wonderful Christmas, full of family, relaxing and good memories. We started Christmas Eve by opening our ever so wonderful pajamas... Penguins happened to be our theme this year. We then acted out the story of the Luke II. Brooklyn had a great time writing the story our of our Saviors birth and assigned us all our parts. Brooklyn was the narrator and director, David was Joseph, I was Mary, Aspen - played the important role of baby Jesus. Logan, Cam and Corbin were the 3 wisemen. Madison played the Angel, Grandpa was the keeper of the inn, who offered us his stable, and LaLa was the Shephard. It was really fun. After we put the 2 younger boys to bed Lara had 2 very special poems she read to us and then we watched a video of Heather!

Heather was Davids younger sister who passed away tragically the beginning of October. She was traveling back to American Fork with her band students when the bus driver blacked out, Heather jumped up and steered the bus back on the freeway. Unfortunately, the bus tipped over. Heather was the only fatality. It really has been VERY SAD. Hard to explain the emotions that are with us all of the time. I do know that Heather is loved, she will ALWAYS be in our hearts and has given us a new look at life! It was a wonderful Christmas Eve to dedicate a special moment to Heather and reflecting on her 1st Christmas in Heaven with our Savior! Sure do miss you Heather!

Christmas morning we tried something new this year. I had woken up around 4:30 to feed Aspen and could not fall back asleep, David was also awake, so finally at 5:30 we woke up David's dad and Lara and went up to the girls room with all of the kids. We read scriptures, prayed and talked about what gifts we wanted to give to the Savior this year. Things that we wanted to do better and work towards. It was really neat. The rest of the day was full of FUN, FUN, Fun and food toooo! It was a lovely day!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

I'm glad to hear you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I got the present you sent me when I got home and it is such a beautiful clock! It is already on my shelf and I just love looking at it! Thanks so much for thinking of me! You are so sweet! Call me whenever you have a moment! Love you!

April said...

What a sweet and tender Christmas!
Sure love you!

Natalie said...

I was crying while i read this jamie...i am so sorry for your loss!! what a sweet tribute to her though, you are such an awesome person and again a great example to me of how life should be. You are always thinking of others and always thinking of christ. He is always the center of your home, mind, thoughts and actions....i love you for that!!! you rock and man do i miss you!!! i got your christmas card it was my favorite...your little aspen is beautiful!! just look all your other cutie-patooties!! miss you guys terribly!!!

Merilee said...

You guys are so great! Way to have a spiritual and memorable Christmas. It's so important to remember the beloved people we lose.

Played Settlers of Catan without you. It would have been more fun with you guys. I played with an adorable boy who hadn't played before. I think the next time we play it will be better.